Thursday 7 March 2013

Timotei - Golden Highlights Shampoo and Conditioner




Hey you lovely lot! Today is going to be my thoughts on "Timotei Golden Highlights" Shampoo and Conditioner.

So as usual I will answer: 

What Brought me to this product?

I have had blonde hair since I was born and I am very lucky to still have it now I am 21.
I have never had highlights or dyed my hair. The dying part is something I particularly feel strongly about. The main reasons are of the damage to the hair, the expense, the keeping up to it, the roots and so on...its just never been something I've wanted to do.

But having blonde hair is something I've wanted to maintain. It's fine from April to November, the sunshine and the being out in the fresh air more frequently definitely lightens it naturally and leaves me with a nice bright natural blonde colour, however from December - March it dulls down quite alot and that bugs me!

So I have been on the hunt for a shampoo to naturally brighten my hair. I researched LOADS of products and read reviews online, and I also wanted something which wouldn't break the bank and the winning product came out as these.

The Product:


- Both the shampoo and conditioner contain 0% parabens.
- It is aimed for people with blonde or highlighted hair.
- It is infused with 100% natural extract of camomile (a natural lightener).
- They come in 400ml bottles.....





- They come in easy to get out bottles with flick lids like this:


- They are vastly available through the U.K in numerous shops, supermarkets. I get mine from Superdrug.
                         400ml Shampoo at Superdrug Link £2.00
                         - 400ml Conditioner at Superdrug Link £2.00

And at the date of posting this Superdrug have FREE UK Delivery, so £4 for 800ml of hair product...bargainous!

My Review:

- I really love this shampoo and conditioner.
- It leaves my hair feeling soft, clean and smooth.
- It hasn't dried it out, or created any issues.
- It didn't brighten my hair after one wash, but after the 4th wash I could notice a difference, my family were commenting on it too.
- It looked natural and a brighter, lighter blonde, just as I wanted it!
- I won't use this product all year through as I don't want my hair to become used to it, and also, I don't need it through the summer months, but certainly at the end of the year and few months at the start of the year it will be out in my shower!
- I don't use this product every wash either, every other wash, and it has certainly worked for me!

Have you used this before? Did it work for you?
Are there any other natural hair lightening remedies you know of?!

See you all soon,





2 comments:

  1. I might try these out! I have light hair naturally so this might help it get a little bit and stay blonder. I love your blog a lot, so I thought I'd let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award:)
    http://lizzielovesred.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    -Lizzie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yeah, have a try of them Lizzie, let me know what you think if you do!
      Thank you again for the nomination, I cannot believe it! xx

      Delete

Feel free to post a comment, about your thoughts/experiences from this post. I love to read what you think and I'll be sure to reply to every comment! :) xox