How are you all doing? Very well I hope!
Now I realise this may seem like a very simple easy thing to make, and I am sure most of you reading will be like: "is she having a laugh, showing us how to make an egg!?" Well sorry to all of you who know, but so many of my friends just either don't know how to boil an egg, or can't get it right with a runny yolk! There are so many variations of how people do this, so I thought I'd share my way!
People call this type of egg:
- Dippy Egg
- Soldier Egg
- Soft Boiled Egg
- Boiled Egg.
1. Get a saucepan of water boiling on the hob - I don't add anything to my water.
2. Once the water is completely boiling, lower your egg into the water with a spoon.
3. As soon as the egg hits the water set your timer for 5 minutes.
4. I put the lid back on my saucepan when the egg is in and watch over it.
5. Once the 5 minutes is up I immediately remove the egg from the water and put it in my egg cup!
6. Give the top a bash and peel away as much shell as you wish.
7. Enjoy your nice runny yolky egg with soldiers!
Hope you found this post useful! As I say I realise it is a easy thing to make, just I seem to know alot of people who struggle with it!
Do you make yours in a different way? Let me know.
See you soon,